home

what's in a name?

Chanel. Having a name like mine, I have been asked too many times to count, "like, Chanel No. 5?" Yes, like Chanel No. 5. Really it was destined to be this way. I really was named after the perfume. When my parents were picking out a name for me, they wanted to name me after my mom's mother, Marjorie Jean. They weren't really keen on either of those two names and my grandmother was made fun of growing up as her sister taunted her singing, "Marjorie Jean, the village bean, dumbest little girl I've ever seen." Chanel No. 5 was my grandmother's favorite perfume and so, Chanel it was. Then, guess what! I was born on the 5th of November. So Chanel No. 5 it is!


7 comments:

Mrs. Teacher said...

I love it. I've always loved names that are different - it makes them more special.

Cookie said...

Wow that is incredible!

http://cookieswardrobe.blogspot.com/

Josie said...

That's such a great story! What a creative way to name your kids after a loved one.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Estefanía Ainoza said...

Great!

Maria de la Orden said...

ooo thats just great !!! i lov your blog btw we can follow each other, follow m and tell me what do u think about mine !!
http://fashionmusthavemaria.blogspot.com/
I'll follow u back
kisses from Spain :)

Sierra Parke said...

I knew why you were named Chanel (which I think is really neat btw), but i never thought how it goes w/ u being born on the 5th! i love it!!

Carly said...

_@V "snail"