home

the fruit of the farmers market

As promised in this post, I'm ready to deliver on the "fruit" of what I purchased at last weeks farmers market. I love having fresh flowers around. It always brightens the whole room, and my whole mood. Also, having ingredients straight from the farmers always inspires me to make something new and wholesome. The deliciousness of my fall farmers...

[a full vase in the front window...ahhhh]

[the pink, yellow, green combo is so bright and happy]

[a floating flower is the perfect solution to a broken blossom]

[an unbelievably delightful piece of whole grain toast with peanut butter,
a swirl of nutella, and crumbles of my raw cashews]

[my crispy, crunchy, juicy pear, sharp cheddar cheese and a small dish of cashews]


[how can you deny those freckles?]

[prep of my pluots with a gorgeous dish my amazing sis made]

[the flesh of the pluots are amazingly saturated in color]

[dinosaur egg & flavor king pluots, crumbles of goat cheese, fresh blueberries, raw walnuts,
and a drizzle of reduced balsamic (the best addition to most things)]

[a beautifully glazed dish and a glaze of reduced balsamic]

[mmm...this was the favorite of my creations]

All-in-all, I was so happy and delighted with the way my snacks came out. There is nothing better than wanting something to eat and wanting a quick snack and being able to walk into the kitchen and come out with something this delicious. 

6 comments:

SiljeOhlaLA said...

i need to try the pluots!!!

Anonymous said...

This is all so inspiring! Especially the idea to put a flower floating in water. I wouldn't have thought of that.

<3 Rachel
dress ups and mess ups

Carly said...

Those flowers are soooooooooo beautiful and so incredibly cheery.

Shaniqua said...

OOOooooh, girl! That dish is the most beautiful thing I have EVER seen. So simple and so elegant! I would pay $5000 for that!

Ahn said...

just got myself some pluots and dahlias this weekend at the seattle farmers market. twins.

nicole said...

there is nothing better than bright flowers.