home

veteran's day

[photo merge by my sis]

"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." -Elmer Davis

Happy Veteran's Day! (yesterday was the actual day but it feels like today since the banks, post offices, schools, etc are closed) 

I am blessed that there were two veterans I was raised very close to. Both my maternal grandmother and grandfather served in World War II. I look at photos like these ones and think about the risks that they took, hoping they would pay off both for their country and their futures. I think about how brave they were to go off to serve at such a young age and about what it gave to our country as a whole but also to our family. 

To them, and all veterans, I am forever grateful. 

2 comments:

Kira said...

What great photos of your grandparents!

Carly said...

Great quote. I am so incredibly proud to be a descendent of our wonderful grandparents. I can only hope to be about .2% of the woman that grandma was.