home

quick brekkie

When I get stressed and life starts moving quicker then I can keep up with, a good and wholesome brekkie (that's breakfast people) is usually the first thing to go. Believe me, I know better. The problem is that when I have a choice between sleep and food, I usually choose sleep. I know, I know. My blood sugar doesn't like it either and in order to stay less stressed, feel better, and have the energy to get through the day I need a brekkie that can keep me going. I've learned how to get what I need and get it quick, so that I can stay in bed as long as possible of course. The other morning I had to leave quickly so what did I make, a latte (of course!) fresh organic blueberries and raspberries with Greek yogurt.


I love the Fage (pronounced Fa-yeh) Greek 0% yogurt. It is loaded with protein and is low in calories; 23 grams of protein per 1 cup and only 100 calories. To give you a comparison, a medium sized apple is about 130 calories. The only things is that because it is so low in sugar, it is very tart. I use a little dollop of Voskos Greek yogurt in the Exotic Fig flavor to add enough flavor that it isn't too thick and sour. Do you think you'll try it?


Who can deny fruit like that? So good, so fresh, so delicious!

[photos for by way of ney]

1 comment:

Carly said...

Mmmmmm. That look delicious! I love how sour fage is. You can put it on a chicken breast for a lighter substitute to mom's sour cream chicken.